The Cake Diva shows Kare11 How To Make Cake Pops
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.– To celebrate the upcoming release of the new romantic drama, “The Vow”, The Cake Diva, local pastry chef Janan Juliff, dropped by the KARE 11 Kitchen today to show us how to make cake pops. These treats on a stick are perfect for parties or small snacks.
For more information about The Cake Diva, call 612-998-9592 or visit TheCakeDiva.BIZ.
“The Vow” opens in theaters nationwide Friday, February 10.
1 box cake mix, baked & cooled
2 – 4 Tbs. vanilla frosting from a can or homemade
3 – 1 lb. packages chocolate candy coating or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
50 lollipop sticks
Multicolored candies or Sprinkles needed to create your own design.
Cake-pop stand (available at most craft stores)
Pastry bag, if hand-piping decorations on the cake pops
1. Bake a cake by following the directions on the box. Cool completely.
2. Break up the cake into fine crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Add the frosting. Using a paddle attachment on your mixer, cream together with the cake crumbs and icing until the mixture reaches a thick mass and is thoroughly mixed.
3. With a small ice cream scoop, portion the cake balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 – 4 hours.
4. Push lollipop sticks into the bottoms of each cake ball. Place in the REFRIGERATOR until chocolate coating is melted.
5. Melt the chocolate or candy coating gently in the microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan filled with simmering water.
6. Dip the cool cake pops one at a time in the melted coating. Remove the excess chocolate on the cake pops by tapping against the side of the bowl. Set the coated pops in a cake-pop stand. Add sprinkles right away or hand-pipe decorations as needed for your own theme.
7. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze (place in sealed plastic bags) for up to 4 weeks.